Thursday, October 26

Album Review-- K-Ci-- My Book



Okay.... anybody who has known me for a long time knows that I was the biggest Jodeci fan on the planet... no, I don't think you heard me... I was the biggest jodeci fan on the PLANET... I mean, as a fly ass 17 year old High School Senior, I missed a very important hair appointment just to meet these men... I'm talking needed a touch-up, needed a trim for Senior Pictures hair appointment... I swear to you, it was THAT BAD... I remember getting this dude I was dating to buy me AND my cousin's ticket to their concert in 1995, AND he bought my outfit... and HE DIDN'T EVEN GO... I guess the promise of getting some ass in return was good enough... and he never got the ass... I was a little stinker... lol...

Anyways, I say all of that to say this... I walk into a record store yesterday with RBG (that in itself is another entry, give me a minute, I will get to it) and spotted this... don't know when it was released, hadn't heard one note he sang on this disc, but guess what? Purchased it IMMEDIATELY...

And I'm glad I did.

The disc has an old school "Forever My Lady" type of vibe... and considering, that's my favorite Jodeci disc, I'm a VERY happy camper...

Maybe I'm Old School, but I was really feeling the disc... I've listened to it over and over since I bought it....

My favorite song on the disc at the moment is "Much Too Soon" featuring Aaron Hall, written by and featuring Al B Sure... yeah, I said Al B Sure and Aaron Hall... it's a really pretty love song, and K-Ci actually isn't yelling as much as usual on this disc... maybe that's why I like it so much...

Well, if you are a die-hard Jodeci fan like me, go ahead and grab the disc... it's well worth it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home