Friday, October 20

The Question Of... You?



So... I've been on some straight self doubting shit the last few days... leaving me to ask the question- "Is this REALLY worth all this headache?"

I was talking to my cousin Safire yesterday... she had been reading my blog ... as soon as I answer the phone with my normal "What up Cuz?" she says to me "So you fuckin with Dick again, huh? Boy I tell you, you gone learn"...

During our conversation, she pointed out quite a few things to me... like he and I, almost 6 years since our first hello, have been through everything... everything freindships go through, everything relationships go through... and for him to come at me THIS TIME thinking I am going to just accept the same old bullshit is not only stupid, but selfish and arrogant. Like, I'm going to love him on the same terms from the last 5 years, HIS terms, when this should be a 50/50 type deal... her exact words were "That nicca shoulda showed up at your door on one knee with the biggest diamond he could afford because at this point, the only thing ya'll haven't been to each other is husband and wife"...

Which is funny, cause in May 2005, he and I bartended a mutual friend of ours wedding reception... we were so in sync with each other and knew and anticipated the other's every move, that we never bumped each other, we heard everything the other's customer's were ordering and if it was near us, we handed it off without question... I mean, we had that bar on lock.... the groom's aunt asked us, with the most serious face, "So, how long have you two been married?"... I was so stunned, but the answer that came out without a second thought was "4 years". She then said "You two are the most perfect couple I've seen in a long time. Keep up the good work." All he did was smile... and called me "Wifey" for the rest of the day.

The next day, we (he and I, his brother and his wife, the newlyweds, and another 3 couples) left to go on a "Lover's Retreat" in the Poconos. Even though he acted lightweight shitty on the trip, everybody kept asking "How long have you been married?". I finally got tired of the charade, and would tell people that we weren't... we would get the strangest looks... we even played this game at one of the events where it was like the Newlywed Game, where they asked questions while the other person was out of the room... and we got all the answers right... Like they asked me "Where was the strangest place you've ever had sex?" and I gave my answer... when they asked him what I had said, he says "In the basement bathroom at my brother's house during a party." Which was right. I mean, come ON, how many people remember shit like that? Especially if you CLAIM you don't really care about that person all like that... I'm just saying...

All of the things he and I have shared, the ups and downs, the arguments, the laughs... might explain why to this day I can't let go...

J

2 Comments:

At October 23, 2006 4:19 PM , Blogger boo said...

it IS why you cant let go, but it IS NOT why you should hold on. Basically you have put in 100% and you're waiting for the return, seems to me like you're not getting it. I for a long time hung on to all the good things, as reasons to stay, instead of using the bad things, as a reason to leave it alone. make a list, does the bad outweigh the good.

 
At October 23, 2006 4:24 PM , Blogger lilmzbabygrl said...

You know what? You're absolutely right... I am holding on waiting for my return, and he's holding out on me like a selfish ass little kid that doesn't want to share his candy... teasing me, dangling it in my face like "YOU CAN'T HAVE IT!!! NAH NAH NA NAH NAH!"

I'm in the process of letting it all go... because it is a process... and I can't be the one giving the 100% in hopes I might get the rest ONE DAY... people say "Life is Short" all the time, but the truth is... life is long as hell when you're unhappy...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home