Friday, March 25

Here I go... doing what I do best....



Album Review: Tweet-- It's Me Again

Okay... Let me start by saying that I am a Tweet fan. Now, with that said...

I do love the comeback. I must admit, she did exactly what I thought she would... well, almost. I was expecting a single or at least an album cut with the same flair of "Oops (Oh My)", but, I didn't get that. I did, however, get my songs about falling in love with the WRONG knuckle head (I like those, especially now since I'm going thru some thangs over here... another post all together...) Like "Iceburg", which is sensual and sexy... acoustic guitars and all... speaking about a man that has been so cold to her. Then there's "You", which I must quote simply because I'm SO feeling this line... "I was looking for a love that I could call mine/ But then I found you/And it was just a true waste of my time..." DAMN if I didn't need that song this week. Put me in the mind of "Heaven" off of "Southern Hummingbird".

One of my fave songs on the CD is this one called "Sports, Sex, And Food". Now, it may sound sexist, but the sad part is it's true. The way to a man's heart... sports, sex, and food. Thene there's the Kwame co-produced single, "Turn The Lights Off", which I think is exceptional, even if Missy is yelling over the track. using a Luther Vandross-Cheryl Lynn "If This World Were Mine" sample, the track takes you THERE. And we thought Kwame was all about polka dots... Then there's the song she sang with her 15 year old daughter called "The Two Of Us". Cute, but a little sappy. TaShawna does have vocals, I'll give her that. And Tweet (Born Charlene Keys) did a very sweet and romantic duet with Rell ('member him? 2nd R&B act off Rocafella... the first was Christion...) that is actually pretty good. Why Rell never came out with his own joint is beyond me.

All in all... a B+. Why a B+? Because Missy talks too damn much, that's why. I bought the album to listen to Tweet. Not Missy with her wanna-be Lil John "HUH!"'s and "WHOO"s...

But that's just my opinion. I say you listen for yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home