Monday, September 12

He's Met The Parents!




So... this past weekend, my boyfriend met my parents... now, I don't know about ya'll, but for a man to tell me he wants to meet my parents, that's a pretty big thing. I didn't force him. He actually kind of forced me. He'd been bugging me to meet my parents for about a month now. I don't know why I was so hesitant. I mean, I had met all of his brothers and sisters... hell, I met all of his father's side of the family 2 1/2 weeks ago at the family reunion... I spoke to his mom for about 45 minutes on the phone (She lives in D.C.). He'd met my brothers, but I was still a little leary of him meeting my mom and dad.

But I think I figured out why I was so skittish about him meeting my parents. The last "boyfriend" my mom met was Logan. Those who know me well know about Logan. Logan is the idiot I followed blindly into marital hell in 1998. My entire family LOVED Logan. No, really. They loved him. He could do absolutly nothing wrong... until of course, he did everything wrong. That's another post, so we'll move on. What I'm getting at is this; I think that since that Logan fiasco, my parents are kind of uneasy about my judgement. Even though it's been 7 years since then, I think they believe that I may fall face first into some more bullshit, simply because I love a man. I like to think I've learned valuable lessons between then and know that will keep me from doing that. Still, I worried about what my mom and dad would say about the man I have chosen to spend hte majority of my time with.

And you know what? They like him.

That's what's up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home