Sunday, December 4

Visiting Day

So yesterday, I drove a little over an hour to a little town in Ohio called Conneaut. It was a non eventful drive... it was just me, a Strawberry Kiwi Tropicana Twister, a pack of Newports, and my music... floating down 90 East... nervous as hell...

Why, you ask? If you read my last entry, you know I was driving on my way to pay a visit to a certain young man named LeDon who is unfortunately incarcerated... it's crazy, I was really tripping too... I haven't seen this man in over a year... and here I am, driving my happy ass to a medium security prison to visit him... What the fuck am I doing? But I really wanted to see him... and he really wanted to see me... at least that's what he said...

So, I get there and park my car... now, I've visited prisons before, and it never ceases to amaze me that they always look like a camp to me, sort of like a resort... or maybe it's just the ones I've been to... I have a million and one forms to fill out when I get inside, since it's my first visit... gotta do an initial interview with the Visitation Supervisor, get the run down on how shit works and blah blah blah... vending machines take some kind of debit card that you have to buy for $1 and add value to it in the machine... if you want to take pictures, you have to buy tickets for $1 each, and each picture is 3 tickets... oh, it was a HAM, I tell you... I was confused as hell, and I'm not a stupid girl...

But it was all worth it when I saw his face...


When he walked into the visiting room and saw me, I literally saw his face light up... he's got the most beautiful smile... told you, I got a thing for dimples... he gave me the most wonderful hug... he picked me up when he did it... I swear I wanted to melt into a puddle of happy right there. We sat and talked for 4 hours... though it felt like 10 minutes... we talked about how he's spending his time, what he's doing to earn credits for early release (I never told you his sentence did I? He's got a stated term of 6 years, but is eligible for early release with earned credits). He told me I was beautiful at least 8 times in the first 20 minutes of the visit... We talked about old stuff, people from the hood, who I've seen, who's locked up, who got a baby by who... we laughed, I was telling him stories about these dumb ass bamas I fuck with, he telling me about these chickens he fucked with that swore up and down when he got locked up they'd do blah blah blah and he hasn't heard from them in months... and he hasn't even been in prison a whole year yet... and he got 5 more to go...

Not to meantion the boy looked good enough to eat... skin smooth... fresh haircut... body just DAMN... he... Lawd... I can't even talk right now... I wish I could descibe it to you... this right here is something you just have to see for yourself...

I swear... I'm all in... it's crazy... we talked about all kinds of things... the conversation always lead back to us... he wants to know if I'm going to stick by him while he's locked up...


I think I will... I don't know why I feel like I should, but I do... it just feels right... maybe I'm trippin... but I don't think I am... I really think that he and I could make something work, even with the time he's got...

I think we make a pretty decent looking couple too... a friend of mine told me we'd have some pretty kids... I thought that was funny...

When I was getting ready to leave, he grabbed me in a tight ass hug again and laid this kiss on me that made my fucking toes curl... SHIT... I thought we were going to get in trouble... I didn't know we could do all that... he had a grip on the back of my sweater and held me so tight I was thought I was about to go through him... I grabbed the back of his head and got all into the kiss... it was so sweet and... aw man... what the hell have I gotten myself into?

6 Comments:

At December 08, 2005 1:04 PM , Blogger NicksFlickPicks said...

I don't know you really at all except to love your blog comments, so I shouldn't and don't have anything to say except that you described this whole day in a really touching and affecting way, and it seems like no matter whether a bunch comes of this later or nothing does, it really sounds like you did something great for him and for yourself by being that kind person who would drive all that way and make his day with a long, friendly visit.

And you got to feel some of that "whoa," and who can get enough of that? ;)

Anyway, I haven't said anything you don't already know and I feel dumb even commenting on this, but for some reason, your story really lifted my spirits today.

 
At December 08, 2005 2:17 PM , Blogger lilmzbabygrl said...

That's okay, Nick... you're allowed to say whatever you like...

The day was very touching and kind of emotional for me... and I do feel like I did a good thing by going to see him. He was telling me he doesn't get many visitors. And it was good for someone he's familiar with to share a day with him like I did...

I'm glad I got to lift your spirits today. And I did get to feel some of that "whoa" and it was all good... :)

 
At December 20, 2005 1:18 PM , Blogger lilmzbabygrl said...

I know... I know... he's working on getting out next year...

He told me that he wasn't even thinking about the early release thing until now...

I don't know.. I told you I think I'm trippin

 
At January 04, 2006 6:43 PM , Blogger lilmzbabygrl said...

Yeah... I am a little more romantic than I should be in this world... I can't seem to shake those rose colored glasses...

 
At February 21, 2006 6:41 PM , Blogger Harold Gibson said...

Ms. Jessi:

Like many others I have always appreciated your comments on my mentor's blog.

I am always a cynic especially in cases like these but your writing is so affecting and honest that I am really praying that your experience is totally positive and uplifting.

You are on a faith journey and I pray that you can maintain the level of emotional and psychological commitment necessary to make this
difficult relationship work.

 
At February 21, 2006 8:11 PM , Blogger lilmzbabygrl said...

Thank you so much for your encourangement and your prayers... It's been a journey already, but I think we have what it takes... so far so good... most people I know would have bailed by now. I'm doing really good, considering the circumstances. And I really do care for the man, ALOT... so we shall see where this leads...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home