Thursday, October 27

Five Songs That Describe My Mood-- The "I'm BAAAAACK!!!" Edition


Yo!! I've missed ya'll!! Did you miss me?

I've been around. Reading folks blogs here there and everywhere, but not updating my own.

That's some bass-ackwards shit ain't it?

But, ya girl is feeling better, doing better, no longer in the dark confines of severe deep depression, but still a little down and out. Not to bad though, cause I've realized that I don't need to depend on other people to make me happy, I just need me. 30 damn years old and that shit is just now getting into my thick ass skull. I tell you. I guess it's true that you're never too old to learn.

Once again, I want to say to all that have prayed for me, sent shouts, and even thought about me for 2 seconds last Tuesday, THANK YOU. I know it all helped in some way, shape, or form. It was the support I needed from you all, and you have no idea how much that meant to me.

Without further adu, I bring to you for your listening pleasure...

5 Songs That Describe My Mood-- I'm Baaaaack Edition

1 Me Myself And I-- Beyonce-- I tried to hate her... I did, I promise... I just couldn't. I still can't. This song is my mantra at this particular point in time. Me, myself and I... cause that is all I got in the end.

2. Get Up-- Amel Larrieux-- I mean, it's inspirational to me, I don't know about anybody else.

3. No More Drama-- Mary J Blige-- No explination needed.

4. Troubles-- Alicia Keys-- I like this song. I always have. But right now, it has a new meaning. Part of the song goes "If you're troubled/ You just gotta let it go/And if you're worried, baby/You just gotta let it go/ All you're hustles ain't for nothing/You just gotta take it slow"... and I'm really feeling that.

5. Shake It Off-- Mariah Carey-- As irritating as this song is, it actually defines my mindstate. I just had to shake the negative and replace it with positive. I'm working on it.

There you are, folks... enjoy!

4 Comments:

At November 01, 2005 8:37 PM , Blogger summer of sam said...

good to see you're back, miss jessi.

i fucked with that amel hard. now that you bring it up, i need to go paly that joint.

 
At November 02, 2005 7:35 AM , Blogger lilmzbabygrl said...

@Saf-- true, the beat is mad annoying... but I'm listening to the words... cause I really don't like the damn song, I just like what she had to say.

@Sum69-- yeah, that Amel joint was and still is the shizz... I pulled that boy out last week sometime and haven't put it back since.

 
At November 02, 2005 11:57 AM , Blogger nahmix said...

I love any and everything Mary. No More Drama was my shit! Though I have the album, I didn't really get into Amel as much. I've been meaning to take another listen. I said I wasn't gonna effe with Mariah and that Mimi album, but We Belong Together and Mine Again are my joints. Also Don't Forget About Us, has been on repeat on the pod, but I don't think it's on the album, which I think I need to go and get with all this Mariah talk!

Sorry, to hear you were going through it for a while. I hope all is looking up for you!

 
At November 03, 2005 7:45 AM , Blogger lilmzbabygrl said...

@Nahmix-- thanks for your support, mama... I'm good.

And yeah, the MiMi album is actually decent, so pick that up.

And best believe I luhs me some Mary!! I own EVERYTHING. From What's the 411 to The Tour to Love and Life... I love that woman.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home