Tuesday, May 3



New Edition would welcome back Brown

Date: Friday, April 29, 2005
By: The Associated Press, APonline

NEW YORK (AP) - Bobby Brown's old group, New Edition, says they would welcome back the troubled singer.

"No matter what, we love that brother," Ricky Bell told AP Radio recently. "I mean, this is for real; this is no politically correct answer or anything like that. The door is open for him."

After forming as a Jackson Five-style R&B group in the early '80s, New Edition's hits included "Candy Girl" and "Cool It Now." Brown left for a solo career in 1986, though New Edition reunited for a short-lived comeback in 1996.

Brown, who married Whitney Houston in 1992, took off with singles such as "Don't Be Cruel." But he progressively became known more for his drug and alcohol arrests.

Bell says that even in his New Edition days, Brown's troubles were evident.

"It wasn't something he was trying to hide," Bell says. "You'd see the mood swings and the change in attitude."

But Bell adds that when Brown wasn't drinking, "We (would) see that he's a sharp individual, a talented individual, a family man."

Brown, 36, will be the subject of a new eight-episode reality TV show, "Being Bobby Brown," that will debut on Bravo June 30.

The show will also feature Houston, who has had problems of her own. In March, the 41-year-old singer checked herself into a rehabilitation center for the second time in a year.



Now, me being the die-hard NE fan that I am, would love to see nothing more than Bobby Brown regrouping with the other 4 men who made their impact on the world in 1984 with "Candy Girl", and the man who added the depth to the "N.E Heartbreak" album. But, not only am I a New Edition Fanatic, I am also a realist.

Did anyone else watch that Behind The Music? Bobby is a fuckin train wreck.

He is an arrogant, self serving asshole who does not :repeat: DOES NOT need to be in a group. Now, if the men of NE think that he needs them to help right the wrongs in his life, then more power to them. I honestly don't think it would be the best of moves, considering the new record label and all... but hey, it's not my career. Then again, maybe Bobby would act like he had some home training this time. Because the Home Again album was phenominal, the tour... a dissappointment to say the least. Yeah, I spent my money on that garbage, and was mad as all hell.



Would be nice to see it work out this time though....

2 Comments:

At May 05, 2005 2:35 PM , Blogger nahmix said...

I'm inclined to believe that they really mean what they say. I think they really love him and would welcome him back if he gets his act together. He was there from the beginning. Unlike a lot of groups, they split amicably for a few years to pursue solo efforts and BBD, but in the end, them brothas are solid as a rock. I got mad respect for them for sticking it out in the industry as long as they have!

 
At May 05, 2005 3:24 PM , Blogger lilmzbabygrl said...

I totally agree... and I would love to see it happen. I don't know though. I'm a little afraid of it... just because I saw them in concert on that Home Again tour.... and it was evident that there was some tension...

I'm really just waiting for the reality show...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home